Monday, June 17, 2024

The Failure of The Receivables Exchange - A New Book

How likely is it, I wonder, that any of those who subscribed to this Blog during the life of The Receivables Exchange will have email addresses that survive from that era? 

I don't know. But, on the off-chance that some do, I thought I'd let you know that, all these years later, I've written a book about the TRE failure. 

 Some of the issues that caused the Exchange's failure might be addressed by technology that did not exist at the time it was gasping for life. And some in the current finance community seem to be discussing ways to adapt new payment systems, blockchain technology, smart contracts, etc. to avoid some of the problems that TRE faced. 

Of course, the problems that can and should be laid at the feet of management just need to be acknowledged. 

 So, I've identified four principle problems with the structure of the TRE transactions, and several management and administrative errors that I believe can explain the failure of TRE. Many could and were identified at the time in this Blog and by others. 

But pehaps laying the problems out clearly, and with some benefit of hindsight, might be of value or, at least, of interest to some.

 The book is called,

"The Failure of The Receivables Exchange: A Bold Idea, Its Fatal Flaws, and Lessons Learned." 

 It is available on Amazon in both Kindle and Paperback versions. 

If any of you are still there and would like to discuss, or just touch base, I'd be happy to talk. 

 All the best. 

 Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment